April 19 2021 – Ana Kafie
Cycle Charting is an incredible tool used to learn about your menstrual cycle and fertility.
This method involves tracking your basal body temperature and tracking it on a spread sheet so that you can start to see patterns and gather valuable information about your cycle.
Temperature is a great indicator of ovulation and helping us determine your most fertile days as our bodies adjust depending on the hormones present.
Cycle Charting looks at the following:
- Basal body temperature
- Before ovulation temperatures tend to stay low
- Post ovulation we see a temperature spike
- Cervical mucus
- The type of cervical mucus tells us the phase of your cycle i.e. egg white/slippery mucus occurs during your most fertile phase as it helps sperm swim more easily to fertilize an egg
Why cycle chart?
- Can help us determine lengths of each phase of your cycle - if certain phases are too short or too long we know there might be something going on
- If there are no temperature spikes and missed periods, it can signify ovulation is not occurring
- Can help us determine your most fertile window for conception
- Invaluable information about your unique body and functions