September 24 2019 – Ana Kafie
With thanksgiving fast approaching I decided that I was going to come up with some delicious guilt-free fall themed treats in time for family dinners. Using almond flour instead of regular all purpose flour creates a really great texture and adds more nutrients to your cookies without compromising any flavour!
This recipe makes about 9 medium sized cookies, but you can make 12 smaller ones if you prefer for a bite size snack.
Let me know what you think in the comments!
1 ½ Cup Almond Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
¼ Cup Pumpkin Puree
¼ Teaspoon Nutmeg
¼ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2 Tablespoons Cane Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350º F
- Mix the baking powder and almond flour in a bowl and set aside
- In a separate bowl using a fork, mix together the egg, pumpkin puree, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon and sugar until it is all incorporated and smooth
- Mix in the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until they form a dough consistency (it will be slightly sticky)
- Oil a non-stick baking pan with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (just to be safe)
- Using a tablespoon, measure out the cookie dough onto the baking pan and press with your hands so that they are slightly flattened (should only be about a ¼-½ inch thick)
- Sprinkle on a few pumpkin seeds to each cookie and press in lightly with your finger
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown